Ebbsfleet United have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed candidate to join our medical department in a full-time position of Sports Therapist.
The role involves working as part of a close-knit and dedicated team promoting high standards of health, well-being and medical care to members of our football squad.
Your core duties and competencies required as Sports Therapist at Ebbsfleet United FC include (but are not limited to):
• to assist with assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the playing squad
• to work alongside fellow team members in the department in maintaining precise and up-to-date medical notes
• to ensure the smooth running of training sessions and match days
• to assist with pitchside care and treatment
• to communicate with other medical staff regarding concerns about potential injury risk and exposure to injury of the squad
• to implement injury prevention strategies
• to ensure all medical equipment is working efficiently, safely and effectively
The successful applicant will be based at the club’s Kuflink Stadium in Northfleet, Kent, as well as nearby training grounds and will also be required to attend fixture locations on match days around the Vanarama National League South. A flexible approach to working hours is required due to the nature of the football season and fixtures calendar. Working hours are 9-5 four days a week plus match days as outlined above but the need for flexibility is paramount due to the nature of the role.
• to hold a qualification in emergency first aid in football/pitchside treatment
• full driving license
• good time management and confident communication skills
• experience working in an elite sports environment
• a BSc or MSc in sports therapy/sport rehabilitation or equivalent is desirable
How to apply
The closing date for applications is June 10th with an intended start date of July 2nd, 2022. Please send relevant CV and covering letter FAO ‘Sports Therapist Vacancy’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have positions for internships/placements in our medical department for the coming season. Please click here for more details on those.