THE EUFC ACADEMY
EUFC Elite oversees the management and day to day running of all junior teams (U8 – U16s) associated with Ebbsfleet United FC and the academy programme offers an extension to this traditional youth football, by offering players age 16+ with the opportunity to continue on their footballing journey in supporting their dreams and aspirations of building a career within the game.
Our academy is designed to aid and support those players wishing to continuing pursuing a career within the game, with programme designed to offer support and guidance in helping to achive those aspirations through structure training and developmental sessions to help understand the demands and requirements as they progress into adult football.
All players offered opportunity to join our Academy do so, knowing that the programme they will sign up to has been specifically designed to incorporate a football and educational element that is paramount to aid their development.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
Players receive everything you would expect as a modern-day professional footballer:
- Training and games on state-of-the-art playing surfaces.
- Compete in U19 Youth Alliance League.
- FA Youth Cup
- Opportunities to be invited to train, play with First Team and/or go out on loan to gain first team experience.
- Coaching by fully qualified and experienced UEFA qualified coaches with a vast experience having worked across all levels of the game.
- A fully comprehensive timetable that incorporates both Football and Education which has been designed around their training and games programme.
The Academy is delivered daily from Elite Venue, Dunkirk Close, Gravesend, Kent DA12 5ND
Elite Venue has good public transport from London and Kent:
- Gravesend Train Station
- Ebbsfleet International Station
- Gravesend Ferry
- Arriva Bus Service – 483 Stops Directly Outside Venue
Joining the Academy is FREE, the only costs associated to students include:
- Daily travel to & from Academy
- Academy Training & Matchday Kit
- Educational Resources – General Stationary and a Memory Stick
All students will be given opportunity to apply for a bursary towards these costs and will be advised to apply once they have successfully enrolled.
Students sign up to a two-year full-time academic programme with course options linked to their GCSE results or alternative academic studies with them being able to enrol onto one of the following courses:
- BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport
- GCSE & Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs Grade A-C or 4 and above in Maths and English
- A minimum of two ID documents to prove eligibility to be educated in England
- EU Students – an in-date passport, birth certificate or national insurance number.
- Non-EU students – must provide visa documents that state your residency details along with a national insurance number.
POTENTIAL PATHWAYS/EXIT ROUTES
There are many potential pathways open to graduates on completion of their academic journey, which may include but not limited to:
• Scholarship at a Professional Football Club
• Contract offer at a Professional Football Club, Non- League or Club with the Football Pyramid
• Opportunities to attend University and/or Football Scholarship within America.
• Football Coaching or Career within Leisure Industry.
NEXT STEPS/EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
If you feel that EUFC Academy is the place that you would like to continue developing both as a player and academically from September 2020, then to secure your place at one of our trial dates please complete online registration form confirming which date you would like to attend.
Once you have registered, all you will need to do is attend the trial date selected, where you will be met by members of EUFC Academy who will arrange for you to complete an initial academic assessment, then take part in a training and/or games session that will allow us opportunity to gain a greater understanding of you both on the pitch and within the classroom.
All players who wish to attend the trials will be required to attend with correct kit to take part in a training session including boots and shin pads with plenty of fluids – changing facilities and showers will be accessible to use after training.
OPEN EVENING: TBC
- Monday 17th February 2020 (TRIAL NOW FULL UP)
- Monday 6th April 2020 – 10m – 1pm (9.30am Registration)
- Tuesday 14th April 2020 – 10am – 1pm (9.30am Registration)
- Saturday 9th May 2020 – 10am – 1pm (9.30am Registration)