Ebbsfleet United FC Elite (EUFC Elite) have teamed up with Elite Pathways Sports and Training Provider to deliver the academy programme.
WHY EUFC ELITE?
EUFC Elite oversees the management and day to day running of all junior teams associated with Ebbsfleet United FC and the academy programme offers an extension, by offering players 16+ who still have dreams and aspirations of building a career within the game.
Our academy is designed to aid and support those players wishing to continue pursuing a career in football, but we also fully understand the importance of ensuring they continue with their academic studies whilst on journey as to become a footballer, of which EUFC Elite Academy offers this option.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
Players receive everything you would expect as a modern-day professional footballer:
- Training and games on state-of-the-art playing surfaces
- Compete U19 Youth Alliance League that supports and aids the players development.
- FA Youth Cup
- Opportunities to be invited to train, play with First Team and/or go out on loan to gain first team experience.
- Coaching by fully qualified and experienced UEFA qualified coaches with a vast experience having worked across all levels of the game.
- An academic timetable that has been designed to meet the needs of each student with lessons designed around their training and games programme.
For 2018-19 academic year we have relocated the venue from Kent to London to allow for us to redevelop our Kent site within minimal disruption, whilst also taking into consideration that a majority of our students offered places this year are located across London.
So, with this we identified a site that we felt was suitable not only to the needs of the programme but also still accessible to our students based within Kent with easy public transport access.
LONDON VENUE: STC Sports Club, Ivor Grove, Eltham, London SE9 2AJ
KENT VENUE: Fleet Leisure, Nelson Road, Northfleet, Kent DA11 7EE
(the Kent Site is currently under redevelopment,
due to open in 2019)
Both elements of the programme are fully funded with only costs incurred to students is travel and purchasing a subsidised training kit, students will be offered opportunity to apply for a bursary.
Students sign up to a two-year full-time academic programme with course options based on their GCSE results or alternative academic studies but can include:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Sport
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport
- 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
Any student who fails to meet the minimum required level for Maths or English will be expected to re-sit these qualifications.
- GCSE Maths and English
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs Grade A-C or 4 and above in Maths and English
- A minimum of two ID documents to prove eligibility to be educated in England
- EU Students – an in-date passport, birth certificate or national insurance number.
- Non-EU students – must provide visa documents that state your residency details along with a national insurance number.
POTENTIAL PATHWAYS/EXIT ROUTES
There are many potential pathways open to graduates on completion of their academic journey, which may include but not limited to:
• Scholarship at a Professional Football Club
• Contract offer at a Professional Football Club, Non- League or Club with the Football Pyramid
• Opportunities to attend University and/or Football Scholarship within America.
• Football Coaching or Career within Leisure Industry.
NEXT STEPS/EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
We are currently in the process of confirming our dates for next round of trials for 2019/20 intake, along with some open evenings where parents and guardians can come in and find out more on the programme, once these dates and times are confirmed they will be announced via our website and forms of social media.
If you would like to register your interest to attend our academy for 2019-2020 then we kindly ask that you complete the attached online registration form to attend – once registered, you will be contact in due course with confirmed trial dates and open evenings.
OPEN EVENING: TBC
• (Kent) Elite Venue, Dunkirk Close, Gravesend, Kent DA12 5ND