EUFC ELITE – FUTURE PLANS
EUFC Elite have secured a 25-year lease on the former Fleet Leisure/Bowaters site in Nelson Road, Gravesend, and are currently in the process of trying to secure planning permission to redevelop the venue.
This would allow us to have a dedicated home within the community where all the EUFC youth teams and scholars would train and play, while also offering a state-of-the-art facility for the wider community to access.
Below is an outline of the current spec with drawings attached – at this stage, of course, all images and specifications are subject to planning decisions.
THE NELSON ROAD SITE
- Parking for 194 spaces + 10 disabled bays. This seems adequate in comparison to similar projects.
- Allocated area for coaches and turning heads. Will require a proper tracking diagram by others.
- Pitches have been designed in line with FA standards. Clarification on which pitches are to be 3G and which 7v7 pitches will be enclosed.
– 2x 11v11
– 1x 9v9
– 4x 7v7
- Flood lights indicated at 1 per corner of each pitch.
- To review further:
– Cycle/ Motor bike parking
– Refuse collection
– Flood light details to minimise light spill.
- All areas accessed from central grand corridor (5m wide).
- Gym and spin areas to be fully glazed internally for visual impact on entrance.
- Reception and access to first floor function area/ bar located left of main entrance. This should give some separation to private hire events and gym/ outdoor sports users.
- Male/ Female and disabled toilets adjacent to reception.
- Reception room shown as open plan for flexibility.
- Behind reception area and access from the main corridor will be:
– 2x classrooms
– 2x away changing rooms
Ground Floor continued:
- Classrooms have the potential to be separated by a removable wall instead for flexibility in using the space.
- Gym inclusive of:
– 1x spin classroom
– 1x function room
– Male/Female changing
– Disabled shower room
- Spin classroom worked out in accordance with Sport England guide. Maximum of 16 exercise bikes.
- Health suite to be accessed through gym changing rooms.
- Behind gym area and accessed from the main corridor will be:
– 2x home changing rooms
– 1x officials changing room
- Secondary access to health suite adjacent to home changing rooms to facilitate use if required.
- There is a treatment/ physio room opposite the home and away changing rooms
- External sitting area shown indicative for discussion. A more permanent structure can be opted for, perhaps wrap around the corner and provide extra storage.
- Space to be as ample as possible with enhanced views of playing fields.
- Achieved view various size of windows and terraces.
- Terraces do not wrap around to create some internal views for colder weathers.
- Kitchen to service function/ bar area.
- Male/ female and disabled toilets to service function bar area.
- Secluded function room for potential private hire, with views to 9v9 pitch via terrace.
- External access to terrace adjacent to 7v7 pitches to facilitate access.