EUFC ELITE – FUTURE PLANS
EUFC Elite have secured a 25-year lease on the former Fleet Leisure/Bowaters site in Nelson Road, Gravesend, and are currently in the process of trying to secure planning permission to redevelop the venue.
This would allow us to have a dedicated home within the community where all the EUFC youth teams and scholars would train and play, while also offering a state-of-the-art facility for the wider community to access.
Below is an outline of the current spec with drawings attached – at this stage, of course, all images and specifications are subject to planning decisions.
THE NELSON ROAD SITE
Click images below for larger version or to download all as PDFs, click here.
- Parking for 194 spaces + 10 disabled bays. This seems adequate in comparison to similar projects.
- Allocated area for coaches and turning heads. Will require a proper tracking diagram by others.
- Pitches have been designed in line with FA standards. Clarification on which pitches are to be 3G and which 7v7 pitches will be enclosed.
– 2x 11v11
– 1x 9v9
– 4x 7v7
- Flood lights indicated at 1 per corner of each pitch.
- To review further:
– Cycle/ Motor bike parking
– Refuse collection
– Flood light details to minimise light spill.
- All areas accessed from central grand corridor (5m wide).
- Gym and spin areas to be fully glazed internally for visual impact on entrance.
- Reception and access to first floor function area/ bar located left of main entrance. This should give some separation to private hire events and gym/ outdoor sports users.
- Male/ Female and disabled toilets adjacent to reception.
- Reception room shown as open plan for flexibility.
- Behind reception area and access from the main corridor will be:
– 2x classrooms
– 2x away changing rooms
Ground Floor continued:
- Classrooms have the potential to be separated by a removable wall instead for flexibility in using the space.
- Gym inclusive of:
– 1x spin classroom
– 1x function room
– Male/Female changing
– Disabled shower room
- Spin classroom worked out in accordance with Sport England guide. Maximum of 16 exercise bikes.
- Health suite to be accessed through gym changing rooms.
- Behind gym area and accessed from the main corridor will be:
– 2x home changing rooms
– 1x officials changing room
- Secondary access to health suite adjacent to home changing rooms to facilitate use if required.
- There is a treatment/ physio room opposite the home and away changing rooms
- External sitting area shown indicative for discussion. A more permanent structure can be opted for, perhaps wrap around the corner and provide extra storage.
- Space to be as ample as possible with enhanced views of playing fields.
- Achieved view various size of windows and terraces.
- Terraces do not wrap around to create some internal views for colder weathers.
- Kitchen to service function/ bar area.
- Male/ female and disabled toilets to service function bar area.
- Secluded function room for potential private hire, with views to 9v9 pitch via terrace.
- External access to terrace adjacent to 7v7 pitches to facilitate access.