The applications window for the May trials of Ebbsfleet United’s Academy side for the 2019/20 season closes on Monday, May 20th, at midday.
Applications are welcome from players aged 16–18 years of age and currently studying in Years 11/12.
The club actively seeks to offer players a pathway to first-team senior football together with a full-time education, all under the watchful eye of UEFA-qualified coaches.
Managed by former Gillingham and AFC Wimbledon striker Danny Kedwell, the Fleet’s Academy side has opportunities to play in the FA Youth Cup, the U19 National League Alliance and the U19 Tactic League. Numerous members of our current Academy side have played in first-team games in the Kent Senior Cup this season and trained alongside our experienced first-team professionals (see video below). The most recent success story is Arif Omar who has been elevated to the first-team squad in recent weeks.
The remaining trials for the Fleet’s 2019/20 intake will be held in London and Gravesend, Kent on the dates below.
Academy director and manager Danny Kedwell said of the upcoming trials, “We want to take players with ability and help them hone that talent. Ability alone isn’t always enough and that’s where the coaches we have with our knowledge of the game comes in. We train on modern surfaces with excellent facilities and I’m looking forward to the trials process and next season already.”
• Trials take place on Tuesday 28th May (London) and Thursday 30th May (Gravesend).
• Candidates MUST register online beforehand at www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/academy/apply-now and await a confirmation email from the organisers.
• The London trial address is STC Sports Club, Ivor Grove, London SE9 2AJ. The Gravesend trial takes place at Elite Venue, Dunkirk Close, Gravesend, Kent DA12 5ND.
• Times will be notified in follow-up confirmation emails.
• An overview of the Academy programme can be found at www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/academy.
• (London) STC Sports Club, Ivor Grove, London SE9 2AJ
• (Kent) Elite Venue, Dunkirk Close, Gravesend, Kent DA12 5ND