Fleet unveil ‘The Liam Daish Stand’

Ebbsfleet United has renamed its Stonebridge Road terrace in honour of its record breaking manager.

The name change, to The Liam Daish Stand, was revealed at this afternoon’s pre-season friendly against Leyton Orient. The area, once occupied by advertising hoardings, was spruced up and its latest addition fixed into place as shown in the photograph above.

Daish took the helm at Stonebridge Road in February 2005, succeeding the club?s previous longest serving manager, Andy Ford. And he passed Ford’s then-longest stint as Fleet boss in June of this year.

?Liam?s record deserves to be honoured? said Fleet Chair Jessica McQueen. ?A lot of people will think that winning the FA Trophy with the Fleet at Wembley in 2008 has been Liam?s biggest achievement with the club, but our fans know that is just one of the highlights of his tenure.?

?Working with small budgets, Liam has produced winning sides time and time again, bringing outstanding players to the club and producing great youngsters such as Michael West, Tom Phipp and John Akinde. He has just signed a two-year contract to demonstrate his commitment to the club and that alone will help us attract quality players and be able to build for the future.?

There has been a stand on the Stonebridge Road side of the ground since the 1920s when a small seated construction was erected. It was extended in 1953 to the same length as the Main Stand and the roof of what is now The Liam Daish Stand added in 1957.

FLEET SHARE...

Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on WhatsApp
Share on google
Share on Google+
Share on email
Email this article

CONTACT...

More News

FACE MASKS

Subscribe

To receive updates and offers from Fleet’s commercial department please enter your email here…

First-Team Squad
Goalkeepers
Defenders
Midfielders
Strikers