Ebbsfleet United’s new Head of Medical Calum Green (pictured), is seeking an intern to assist in sports therapy/rehab/sciences roles at the club this coming season.
Calum, who also works with West Ham’s academy and has previously worked for Bristol Rovers and Dover Athletic, has begun his duties as the club’s medical head this close season.
The job description for the intern position, duties and means of application are detailed below.
Ebbsfleet United Football Club Internship (Placement / Work Experience) 2019 – 2020
Role: Sports Therapists / Sports Rehabilitators / Sports Scientists
- Be punctual, organised and dressed appropriately at all times
- Help to produce a positive working environment within the department and club
- Support Head of Medical
- Attend morning medical meeting
- Assist in planning and delivery of individual and team prehab, rehabilitation and recovery sessions
- Assist in assessing injured players and discussing their short and long term plans
- Assist in collection and analysis of wellbeing data
- Assist with daily injury prevention screens & sessions
- Assist with pre-training strappings & tapings
- Assist with warm up and cool downs
- Help with pre and post training soft tissue work
- Help to set up, conduct, deliver and tidy up prehab / rehabilitation sessions
- Assist with hands on treatment of injured players
- Design and set up gym sessions
- Assist in player nutrition and hydration
- Update personal and club log of treatment and sessions
*Please note that this list of duties is not extensive and duties/roles may be changed during the course of the season
Placement date: July 2019 – May 2020
Minimum 2 days per week, maximum 5 days per week – at intern’s discretion.
Please apply directly with a Covering Letter & CV to Head of Medical:
Calum Green – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: July 14th 2019