If there’s one thing we’ve been missing during this latest lockdown, it’s each other. Now the Fleet are ready to remedy that as we reopen our outdoor hospitality in line with the relaxation of restrictions from April 12th.
As such, the Kuflink Stadium surface will be transformed into a beer garden and we are all set to host an open day on Saturday, April 17th – we’ll be dividing our pitch space into squares with capacities of six people each where you can enjoy outdoor service, with your food and drink orders brought direct to you from our bar. For convenience, you may pre-order food and drinks packages when booking your space online. (Please note, as a licensed premises, we are not permitted to allow for your own food and drink to be brought in.)
And that’s not all. In addition to the opportunity to catch up with your chosen bubble on the hallowed Fleet turf (while please remaining seated at all times as per guidelines) we are also putting on the following activities:
- Gourmet burgers, vegetarian options, speciality hot dogs and kids’ meals all available to pre-order online or on the day;
- An exclusive first look at the new shirts as we launch our souvenir 75th anniversary home and away kits for the 2021/22 season – with an opportunity to pre-order there and then;
- Meet the boss and the squad – you will be able to have an informal chat to Dennis Kutrieb and available players while adhering to the advised social distancing regulations;
- Your supporters’ player of the year as voted for in our online poll will receive his award in front of our open-day guests;
- Raffle tickets can be purchased on the day or in advance online, for prizes including the first production 75th anniversary souvenir shirt – with exclusive No.1 printing on the back and signed by Fleet record appearance holder and local legend Jimmy Jackson;
- Raffle tickets also entitle you to be entered into a ‘Lucky Table’ draw to win match hospitality for a table of six at a future match of your choice (subject to match availability);
- New ranges of beers and ciders – a sample of new drinks brands for the coming season will be on the menu and available to purchase. Supporters will be asked for their feedback as to preferences with a view to having your say on the beers and ciders we serve on matchday and in hospitality in the future;
- It’s a little early for Oktoberfest but nevertheless partake in our Dennis-inspired ‘Deutsche Dog + Iron Pier Bier’ combo – a foot-long German bratwurst sausage and sauerkraut washed down with an ‘Iron Pier Bier’ (Keller Queen German-style lager) from our friends at the local Iron Pier brewery;
- Children can take part in crossbar challenge and penalty-taking activities with a chance to fire penalties against a very special goalkeeper for prizes on the day. We would ask that parents/guardians supervise their children at all times and observe the social-distancing regulations in place. Our staff will be on hand to help advise or provide this information;
- Members of our walking football team will be on hand to explain and demonstrate some of the lesser-known rules of the sport for anybody interested in taking part… or simply interested in the Over 50s game itself;
- EUFC kitroom sale with some exclusive special offers from our kit and training-gear range will be up and running on the day at stalls outside.
All activities will be subject to outdoor social distancing recommendations and gates will open from 11am as our first-team complete their morning training session. Attendees are welcome to arrive from 11am or at any other time throughout the late morning and early afternoon.
Attendees should bring their own blankets and portable deck/garden chairs too to use – we will be dividing equally the pitch into squares – and please remain seated at all times. Please also bring face coverings for use as these will be mandatory for all movement in and out of the stadium (they may of course be removed when seated in your pre-booked area). We would ask that flat shoes also be worn – although our pitch will be undergoing renovation in the close season, we do not want to inflict damage on it before then. We will have hand-sanitiser stations around the ground but it is also advisable to bring your own.
We’re very much looking forward to opening the gates and greeting you once more as the lockdown restrictions gradually ease. Our staff have worked very hard to provide a safe but social environment on April 17th and beyond – and naturally we are very excited to be able to welcome our supporters on the day. Should you have any questions or concerns, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the FAQs we have put together below.
If you require any assistance in online booking, please email email@example.com
In the meantime, please head over to shop.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk to book your place online – bookings will be made per area (capacity for six people), costing £12. You will be asked to submit the names and contact details of up to six guests per space as per government guidelines.
What happens if the weather is poor?
In the event that we have inclement weather, the event will not go ahead – any booking fees can instead be used at their face value (£12 per area booking plus any food order funds) for hospitality at a future match, or towards club shop/ticket purchases.
How will you monitor government advice about meeting people from outside of my household?
Like every club, we have appointed a Covid officer and, as we have done throughout the season for hosting matches, before any function we have a system in place that ensures adherence to the latest guidelines as issued by the government. Our adjustments incorporate government advice, input from the local council and we have carried out our own risk assessment as part of this process. It is our responsibility to make customers aware of guidelines (which we will do through signage and social media), but it is not our responsibility to enforce them. The designated front of house staff will be responsible for monitoring social distancing and will also monitor groups, taking account of any guidelines.
What payment methods will you accept?
We can accept card payments for any food/drink orders as well as raffle tickets and merchandise on the day. Supporters can also pre-order food/drinks packages via our online shop.
Will you need our details for Track and Trace?
Every ticket purchased online will provide us with a record of your attendance but we would also ask that you check in via the NHS Track and Trace app – QR codes will be placed around the ground and at reception for you to sign in as per government guidelines.
Will there be toilets available for use?
Yes, government regulations allow for use of toilet facilities inside. Furthermore, hand-sanitiser stations are located around the stadium and signage will be displayed reminding customers about hand-washing and sanitising. All indoor facilities are regularly cleaned and sanitised by our staff.
What is the government advice on rules of six and households meeting outdoors?
All the latest UK government advice regarding Covid-19 can be found here.