Ebbsfleet United are offering positions for ambitious and talented interns to join our management staff in the fields of sports therapy and rehabilitation; sports science; football performance analysis; strength and conditioning; and nutrition.
Working alongside our management team including manager Dennis Kutrieb and head of performance Lee Taylor, the successful candidate(s) will gain hands-on experience and benefit from working day-to-day with professional athletes under the guidance of our performance staff who boast many years of top-level experience.
The placement period is still to be confirmed due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation but is likely to range from August 2020–May 2021 with a minimum two working days per week (rising to five days per week if students are available or on a sandwich year).
This is an ideal opportunity for students looking to develop and nurture their knowledge and experience in a high-performing and consultative environment.
General duties are outlined below. Please note these are not extensive and roles may be changed during the course of the season as situations require.
To register your interest, please apply directly with covering letter and CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st 2020.
- Be punctual, organised and dressed appropriately at all times
- Help to produce a positive working environment within the department and club
- Attend morning medical/media department meetings
- Assist in planning and delivery of individual and team prehab, rehabilitation and recovery sessions
- Assist in assessing injured players and discussing their short and long term plans
- Assist in collection and analysis of wellbeing data
- Assist with daily injury prevention screens & sessions
- Assist with strappings & tapings
- Assist with warm up and cool downs
- Input towards load management
- Input towards training types and fitness testing
- Help with pre and post training soft tissue work
- Help to set up, conduct, deliver and tidy up prehab / rehabilitation sessions
- Assist with hands on treatment of injured players
- Design and carry out gym sessions
- Assist in player nutrition and hydration
- Update personal and club log of treatment and sessions
- Attendance at fixtures to carry out above duties
- Video and Analysis match preparation and scouting
- In-game video and clip editing for management team
- Participate in and lead exercise and rehab sessions for players, staff and community
- Prepare and monitor diet and meal plans as a group and individually
- Control of Inventory and administer supplementation and vitamin requirements
- Control and care for equipment inventory