The club – in association with The Gr@nd, dearPHARMACIST and Sainsbury’s – today launched its healthy lifestyle initiative at the Sainsbury’s Pepper Hill Superstore to promote the Gravesham Sport Relief Mile, to take place at The Cyclopark on Sunday, March 23 at midday.
In the lead-up to the Sport Relief weekend on March 21-23, the Fleet will run healthy weight and stop smoking checks alongside partners The Gr@nd and dearPHARMACIST on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 18;
- Friday, March 7 (5.30 – 7.30 pm);
- Wednesday, March 12 (National No Smoking Day) (2.00 – 4.00 pm); and
- Friday, March 21 (10.00 – 2.30 )
The health check unit, seen at the Basingstoke Town home game earlier this season, will be located outside Sainsbury’s at Pepper Hill and staff will encourage shoppers to take time to have a health check and look to get fit to run the Gravesham Sport Relief Mile.
In addition, Fleet players and coaching staff will be helping The Gr@nd with their “Run a Mile with a Smile” programme with:
- Shane Huke attending the Family Training session at the Northfleet Youth Centre on Thursday, March 6, to explain how a footballer stays fit;
- Fleet first-team coach David Jupp will be holding a training session at Stonebridge Road to put The Gr@nd’s Family & Young People group through their paces in preparation for the Gravesham Sport Relief Mile.
Fleet stars Joe Howe and Michael West will also be taking part in the Gravesham Sport Relief Mile, so please contact the club office if you want to sponsor them to raise money for Sport Relief and help the club change lives.
Fleet director Stuart Butler-Gallie said, “It is great that the club has the chance to continue to show its active support for Gravesham Council and the community from which it draws its support. The players and staff at the club have got behind this initiative and we hope the fans will show their support by sponsoring Joe and Westy to run the Gravesham Sport Relief Mile and raise money for Sport Relief.”